Galway traffic management and congestion was discussed at the Joint Committee on Transport, Tourism and Sport this week.
The aim of the hearing between senators and TDs last Wednesday (February 14th) was to understand the current problems, discuss the accountability of stakeholders and ensure milestones are adhered to.
Traffic congestion in Galway needs to be resolved as its costing all sectors of the economy and community.
I would like to thank all who contributed.
- My Seanad & Dáil colleagues
- Mr Brendan McGrath – Chief Executive, Galway City Council
- Mr. Uinsinn Finn — Senior Engineer,Transportation, Department,Galway City Council.
- Ms Anne Graham – Chief Executive Officer , National Transport Authority
- Mr Hugh Creegan — Deputy Chief Executive Officer National Transport Authority
- Mr Kevin Kelly – Chief Executive, Galway County Council.
- Mr. Jim Cullen — Director of Service, Infrastructure & Operations
- Mr. Michael Timmins — A/ Director of Service, Planning & Environment.
- Mr Tony Neary – Vice President and General Manager, Medtronic, Galway
- Mr Brian Coll –Institute of Technology Sligo
Full debate available at https://oireachtas.heanet.ie/hourly/cr2/cr2_20180214T085959.000005.mp4